Large-scale pilots for collaborative OpenCourseWare authoring, multiplatform delivery and Learning Analytics.
A major obstacle to increase the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of education in Europe is the lack of widely available, accessible, multilingual, timely, engaging and high-quality educational material (i.e. OpenCourseWare). The creation of comprehensive OpenCourseWare (OCW) is tedious, time-consuming and expensive with the effect that often courseware employed by teachers, instructors and professors is incomplete, outdated, inaccessible to those with disabilities and dull. With the open-source SlideWiki platform the effort of the creation, translation and evolution of highly-structured remixable OCW can be widely shared (i.e. crowdsourced).
Members of WAIS are leading on usability and accessibility of the SlideWiki platform. We are also involved with developing some of the collaborative and social functions of the platform as well as trial it within higher education and online teaching environments.
- Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems
- Athena Research Center Greece
- The Open University United Kingdom
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn
- Universitat Politécnica de Valencia
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Greek Free/Open Source Software Society
- Institut für Angewandte Informatik, Universität Leipzig
- IHK Bildungszentrum Halle-Dessau
- Institute Mihajlo Pupin
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Ayuntamiento de Zaragoza
- Scuola di Robotica, Italy
- ACCEDES Spain
You can edit the record for this project by visiting http://secure.ecs.soton.ac.uk/db/projects/editproj.php?project=954